April is Financial Literacy Month
Did you know that April is Financial Literacy Month? Too many Americans are insufficiently educated about their personal finances.
- 34% of households carry month-to-month credit card debt
- 60% haven't checked their credit score in the last 12 months, and 65% have similarly neglected their credit reports
- 41% would grade themselves a "C" or lower when it comes to financial know-how
And perhaps most worryingly … 61% of U.S. adults don't even have a budget.
The article also offers three tips for getting started with your financial health:
- Figure out your monthly net pay.
- List your major expenses.
- Track your discretionary spending.
Are you invested in your financial future? You can find more information for new investors, the military and for youth or talk to your employer about bringing our free financial literacy "lunch and learn" classes to your workplace!